Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Great for Karaoke: Hack Star

I was sick and overworked on Tuesday (who isn't!), so this slightly-late post it may be a bit off topic.

It's a parody, in the spirit of Weird Al or James@War, of Nickleback's Rockstar: Hack Star.

It isn't 100% polished, but it's been in my head since 2006!  If you look at the lyrics, it's roughly the 6 - 8th paragraphs.

We all want to be big hack stars,
With the Internet using all our Zips and WARs.
We'll have so many gadgets it'll be real neat,
No one will understand us cuz we'll all speak Leet.
And, we'll have the cash to live like Tzars,
hard work and talent will take you real darn far.
We'll have our competition ripping out their hair,
they'll complain to congress that it's just not fair,
and well,

Hay hay I want to be a hack star
Hay hay I want to be a hack star

We'll make apps so leet they'll augment your senses,
Me and my homies have our certs from Mensa.
I'll hack so hard that it takes up half my brain,
I'll hack so hard that drives me half insane.

Hay hay I want to be a hack star
Hay hay I want to be a hack star

No comments:

Post a Comment